8.06.2010

writers block...

So, I've started like 3 different blog posts...and I'm not really liking where any of them are going. So here are some short snippets...
  • We watched a fisherman pull in a 40 lb. coho salmon and how it reminded me of missionaries in countries who are diligent, determined, committed to Him, not to a catch...just like this man is committed to fishing and not to this specific fish. It'd been 35 years since he last caught a fish this size. 35 years. If that's not commitment, dedication, determination and sheer love for something I don't know what is. To fish, consistently, joyfully, expectantly...and not catch something that big for 35 years... wow. What in your life are you that consistent, joyful, expectant about??
  • I'm loving vacation...but admit that my brain keeps thinking of the long list of things I need to get done for church stuff. I think I've done a pretty good job of turning my brain off...emails are piling up, voicemails are going unreturned, text messages are slipping by... in the name of taking some time "off"... but even outside of that I think how on earth am I going to get everything done...I know I will. I know I MUST and WANT to spend delightful restful time with my family... but also know I'm gonna have to work at triple speed to get things done... but I can't think about that now...I'm on vacation...
  • I'd love to read something...but I haven't made the time in the last week or so to do it... I should.
  • I already mentioned yesterday how much I love and need sunshine --- and today after chasing sunshine for 3 days we found it... back at our house...and on the drive back!! YEAH!!!
  • Realized today that our in-laws are leaving a day earlier than we thought... =( I love watching the grandparents (both sets of them...although only one set is here...I'm reflecting on when the other set is here too) with the kids... I love watching them smile over Kaylee & Noah. It makes me smile.
  • happy anniversary Erik & Jeanne-Ann --- so excited we were at your wedding 16 years ago!!! And that we're still such great friends now!!! Which also means --- happy birthday Michael!!! You were born 16 years ago today and I remember calling back to Atlanta over and over again excited about your arrival and when we got back we just couldn't wait to see you and your mom and dad... 16 years old... WOW!!! You da' man!!!
OK...that's it for random thoughts for today...

2 comments:

Bex said...

Michelle, One of things I have loved about you since DAY 1 was your ability to cheer others on and celebrate with people, those you know well and those who are newer in your life. Such an enduring quality.

short snippet posts are super fun to read! I loved it. Welcome back and keep keeping your brain in the OFF mode! :-)

Unknown said...

I'm with Bex on this...OFF is a good place for your brain right now. No, not completely, just to work. There will always be work, but now you are OFF!

Also, thanx for the anniversary love! We are so honored to have you in our lives and very thankful you made the trip to Florida to be with us on that special day 16 years ago!

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB