8.13.2010

A beautiful day...


We were supposed to go to the pool with friends...and then one of those rogue fevers takes out a sweet little girl...(Not mine, hers...hope you're feeling better soon Mia...). Plan C. Head to the coast...

It's a rare day that you get to sit on the beach area in Lincoln City without a jacket, but today was one of those days... a little cool to start with, but then the sunshine took over and it was GREAT!!! UNTIL... Chele tells me to stay still because there's a bug on me. (I'm laying down on a beach towel soaking up the sunshine of course...). I can tell that she's standing next to me when she says, "Oh, it's a spider..." and then I went nuts... squealed, flipped over, shook all over... it was the highlight of the day for the girls...

The highlight for me... chillin' with friends, watching the girls play in the water, seeing my lil' and big man fishing and crabbing off the pier not to far away... all with the sunshine keeping me warm on the sand. I loved it.

P.S. - after we were all back home tonight, the kids got cleaned up and heard me mention the meteor shower...so we all went and sat on the back porch looking up at the sky for about 30 minutes or so. Kaylee saw her first meteors --- and was so excited. Noah...didn't, and was a bit disappointed... We'll try again for sure.

0 comments:

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB