8.15.2010

I've never...

So vacation continues. Well, this summer had been more about 2 days away kinds of vacations instead of the staying gone for a week kind of vacation. When you hit the road you never know exactly what's ahead for you...

There's those memorable moments of things you've been waiting to do and finally get to... Or the unexpected things that you experience out of nowhere...



I've seen a riding lawn mower ridden on the road before... But never seen it parallel parked on the side of the road... Random.

I've never seen motorcyclists riding in a single lane of traffic passing cars by riding the the oncoming 2-lane traffic - honestly... I was scared twice that I wad going to hit one of them...

I've never seen Mt. Bachelor or Sisters like I did today. I have seen them before on a ski trip, but they look different and more majestic I think when they are not blurred by snow covering everything in site...

I've never texted across the room in a hotel with the hopes that my kiddos would fall asleep while the 'grownups' just want to stay up talking...

I've never liked the days I don't get to spend with my hubs (even though I'm having fun, it'd be funner with him with us...)

It was a good day... Withs ups and downs. For sure theres things I would do exactly the same, and things I would TOTALLY say and do differently. I guess that's not so unexpected... That's pretty much the same every day huh??

I guess I could say I've never had a day where I haven't wanted a do over of some sort. I don't mean that bad, but just in a recognizing I totally know there are things I could do different every day... Things I could and should do better...

I know what my thing is I want to do better tomorrow... Do you??




2 comments:

Bex said...

I like your honesty in this post.
Where are you staying in Central Oregon and with who?! Sorry you've been missing Steve. I really dislike going on fun adventures without Josh. Not fun. Just a few more weeks before the anticipated emancipation, right? Hang in there (you and him).

Yeah, I always know I could do something better from my day. So true of yesterday. It seems the more I'm around my family of origin, the more things I know later I could have or should have done differently. I learn to just do my part, my best at being kind and honest and let the pieces I'm not responsible for fall away. Harder than it sounds.

Enjoy your today!

Michelle said...

@Bex - we'd been trying to figure out a place to go, and finally tried the "top secret" Travelocity deal, and ended up at the Red Lion in Bend for a night --- while visiting Sisters, swimming @ the hotel, going to Mt. Bachelor & riding the ski lift up the mountain, then Newberry Volcanic Center (I don't think that's the real name) that included falls and the lava flow area (pumice and obsidian and great views...). The Condellos went (well, Brian joined up after preaching this weekend) - but Chele and the girls, and my kiddos and our friend Jennifer headed out earlier on Sunday am... back tonight. Whirlwind trip, but I know I'd love to spend a good week down there to take in the views and the area... =)

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB