8.24.2010

School's back...

So, summer break for me is officially over. This week I'm starting TWO classes for the next five weeks as part of my time with Crown College getting my bachelors degree. Oh, I only have 16 chapters to read over the next two days (HA!), but I am excited about these classes. They include journaling, interviews, a spiritual retreat (Upper Room here I come!!!), reading an author I've hoped to read for a while, meeting new people, focus unlike that I've utilized in the last 2 months, a little stress, a bit of chaos, and hopefully a lot of getting to know Him (and myself) better...

I know I'm a school overachiever. I don't take the easy road. (well, most of the time.) If I don't give it 125% I feel guilty beyond belief. I feel bad if and when I get an A like I could have done more. I hope that I'm able to keep my head above water during these classes. The texts seem intriguing (for the most part). The professors are already engaged, and I'm only in day 1.

Two weeks from today our kids are back in school. As I mentioned a few days ago, I'm not ready for that. I'm one of "those" moms that cries for the first couple of days of school. That's better than the first year I took Kaylee to kindergarten where I cried every day until January sometime... Noah? It only took me about 6 weeks to stop crying when I dropped him off to Mrs. Z's class. I get progressively better, but know that when they hit middle school I am sure I'll have that sinking feeling in my stomach...again. Surrendering my kiddos to others for such a huge chunk of the day is hard for me. It's not that I don't trust them...but He's entrusted me with them and I want nothing but the absolute best for them. As their advocate, gatekeeper, protector, mama hen... I long to be with them... I miss them when I'm not with them. They make me smile and laugh...and sure they cause a few aggravations too. But I without a doubt love them and am their biggest fan (ok...maybe tied with their dad and just below their Heavenly Dad...).

I know I'm gonna miss em... but I know I have school a fall kick-off to keep me occupied...so hopefully I won't be crying at church too hard...

2 comments:

Kim W. said...

I'm one of "those" mama's too!!

Unknown said...

I just started back to school too!! Woohoo...let's keep encouraging each other on that.

My little Princess is hitting middle school!!! AAAGGGGHHHH!!! What is going on? I am excited and freaked out at the same time. I also know I have to keep giving my kids to the Lord or I will go crazy.

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB