8.18.2010

Yet...


My new Christine Dente/Out of the Grey cd has me in a music flashback. No, I'm not talking the bad 80's music that I heard over the speakers at Red Robin today (sorry Red Robin, I mean really... Boy George!?? Yikes!) But in thinking through the music I love and pulling up old favs, I came across a song (I think I mentioned it in my post a few days ago). Just thinking of it made me tear. I wish there was a better link to it...there may be, but this is the best I can find. It is written and performed by Wes King - who is currently battling cancer and yet beginning to perform again. The song was never really that popular (as I remember...).

Steve and I heard the song for the first time at at concert that featured Out of the Grey, and then Wes King, then Phil Keaggy, then Wes, Phil & Scott (Dente) played together - amazing! When this song started, Steve and I just looked at each other, and in no time tears began to fall as we heard from someone else thoughts we'd had for a couple of years ourselves. I know the people sitting around us were totally confused by our tears...but without us saying a word, we knew exactly what Wes & his wife were experiencing...

We're on a different side of this journey now, but even with the gifts that have been entrusted and given to us, there are days when the feelings of this song are just as real as they were that day - maybe I'm hyper-sensitive...maybe He wants me to remember and never forget our kids are His gift to us. Either way, I haven't forgotten... And as we travel roads with others or even remember our own journey, this song hits home...

Wes King, We Thought You'd Be Here

We thought you'd be here by now
Your mother and I
We're praying through our tears that somehow
We might hear your sweet cry
Have we waited too long
It's getting harder to be strong
Is there something we've done wrong

But if you like dancing
I'll make it rain rhythm, and rhyme, and melodies, child
And if you like dreaming
Your mother will make your imagination run wild
Somehow, we thought you'd be here by now

We have a room just for you upstairs - It's right down the hall
So we'll be close should you ever get scared
We'll come when you call
It's a room full of stories
Waiting to be told
Longing to behold

And if you like laughing
I'll paint you a circus of smiles and ferris wheels, dear
And if you like living
Your mother will fly you to worlds both far and near

Somehow...

I never knew the silence could make me so deaf
I never knew that I could miss someone I've never met
Miss someone I haven't met...
YET...

We'll be waiting

P.S. Grateful for "Grooveshark" that let me link the song here...

0 comments:

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB