8.26.2010

A little rant...

I'm borrowing one of Erik's words... I'm just wondering - why is it that in order to tale advantage of the best sales prices at a grocery or drug store you have to fill out an application and get a 'card.' really?? What ever happened to, and on sale today is...'??? And why is it they ask for so much on the app?? Name, address, birthday, gender... I know- they want to track my every move in their store. They already keep track of my purchases by my debit card number. Now this. Just so I can get the best deal. This is fresh on my mind today because I had to fill outa stinking app to get the B1G1 deal in ibuprofen today... But on the app they asked for my Mobile Phone Carrier. WHY?? I know you wanna send me text messages (I already said no thank you). In order to get a sales price you need to know that?? Do you want to know our cable provider? Type of computer and style of vehicle?? At what point is this gonna stop??? I long for a store that just wants to sell you quality stuff at an amazing price without having to scan my card every time I go through check out.

Sorry... I long to give you something positive or thoughtful... But this was what came to mind tonight... Question - how many frequent shopper style cards do you have???

P.S. 8/27/10 - went to a couple of different stores today -- 3 of them required a card --- I'm so close to boycott mode. Hmmm, I could be sticking with Target, Wal-Mart, etc. - Who else doesn't require a card these days??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Grrrrr

Laura said...

i agree!! i just want the great deals, not the e-mails!!

Kim W. said...

AMEN SISTA!!!! I mean COME ON!

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB