8.03.2010

VACATION!!!!

It's finally here... summer has already been crazy - so much going on...but we're finally to VACATION!!! Steve's parents fly in tonight for the week (I can't believe they haven't seen this house yet - well, they actually saw it in construction mode last time they were here). Noah woke up this morning @ 5:00 am asking if Grandma and Grandpa were downstairs. Um, no sweetie. They come in tonight - go back to bed. (He did for about an hour, but he was up, so why sleep... oh dear son, someday you'll appreciate sleep...) Anyway - we've been looking for months to try to find a reasonable place to stay, and hopefully see something "new to us" while they visit. We know of course they are perfectly content to just be with us...but they love the adventure of it all too - it's their vacation.

After literally 2 and a half months of looking, we found it. I'll be honest - almost all the online trip reviews are 5 out of 5 stars (except 1) - it appears to have amazing views - it's not right on the ocean, but it is on the water - there is fishing and crabbing and kayaking and wildlife to see. I admit it - I've built up this place in my mind so much - if it stinks it'll be beyond bad for my mind. I know it's not much to look at necessarily from the outside - but it's a B&B style lodge with just 12 units available for rent. Anyway --- we won't be gone too long, but I will keep you up to date. I'm not giving away the location...yet... but I will soon... I promise...

Where's your favorite place to visit in Oregon or Washington?? We're definitely open to any and all suggestions (especially the reasonably priced ones...).

0 comments:

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB