8.09.2010

The Best I Ever Ate...


Have you seen that show on Food Network? Their network stars talk about the best foods they've ever eaten in different categories...so, why not...here's a few of my own...

Best Ice Cream - White Chocolate @ the Hyatt Ravinia (well, it was the Hyatt Ravinia in Atlanta - I worked banquets at the time, and this event had white chocolate ice cream w/ white chocolate shavings on top. I remember being so tired at the end of this event, and taking off my glove and the chef (knowing I love white chocolate) just holding up a tray to me so I could pick up a scoop with my hand...oh so yummy!!

Best Fish - Blackened Sword Fish - The Lime Inn - St. John, Virgin Islands --- 20 years ago this December I tasted the bestest fish ever - it's one we (Steve & I both talk about) - seasoned well (not spicy hot, because I do not do spicy hot) - cooked to perfection - melts in your mouth. Wish I could get some tonight...

Best Pizza - Potato Pizza in Sharpsburg, GA - oh my word. It was absolutely delicious - slices of potato - maybe a 1/5" thick, with onions ... it was truly fabulous...

Best Drink - hands down - Coca-Cola Classic (I was one of those fanatics that wrote letters to the company when they changed to "New Coke" - ick!) --- other good drinks that most honestly I order at these places because I love 'em.... Lemonade from Chick-fil-A and Cherry Limeade from Sonic.

Best Ribs --- the ones my Steve makes - of course I mentioned those yesterday...

Best BBQ (not ribs) - Longhorn Steakhouse had a tri-tip bbq sandwich - literally melted in my mouth --- so yummy! (gee, I'm saying that a lot --- I would not make a very good Food Network Star)

Best Donut --- Hot Krispy Kreme Donuts - no contest

Best Burger - Panama Hatties - St. Augustine Florida - also really like Fuddruckers... =) but there's no place that makes burgers like Panama Hatties - hamburger inside phyllo dough baked. Sigh...oh to have some right now...

Best Shrimp - O'Steens - St. Augustine Florida - if I had the chance, I could stay all day to eat these little masterpieces.

Best Bread --- this one's tough --- a bunch of honorable mentions --- Croissants from California Dreamin', Garlic Rolls from Provinos!! AND... Great Harvest - I'm a sucker for the honey wheat and the 3-cheese garlic...and there's another that we tasted last summer but the kind lady in front of us got the last loaf, and I forget the name... that's bad.

Best Family Favorite - pierogies - potato (not sauerkraut) - I'm so glad I braved learning how to make these --- and my kids love them too...

All time favorite food - mashed potatoes. Awesome mashed potatoes do not need gravy --- mom's mashed potatoes are always awesome... best restaurant mashed potatoes - from the Ritz Carlton Buckhead Cafe. (They would call me on the phone when I worked in the building to let me know they had mashed potatoes on the menu that day... I'm serious about my mashed potatoes)...

OK...so what are some of your "Best _____ I Ever Ate"??? It doesn't just mean favorites --- it means literally the best of what you've ever eaten or had to drink!! Can't wait to find some new "Bests" to try...

1 comments:

Poodle said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!! All sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I can think of "the best" foods I've eaten. I'm going to think on it for some days. So enjoy reading about you and fam.

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB