4.01.2008

I saw Horton...twice...

So...the first time I saw Horton Hears a Who, was with my family! Family day out! What could be better than all being together, hanging out, laughing, eating popcorn...just being together, wait I mentioned that... We laughed big and loud. (Until the last 10 minutes or so, when dear KJ lost it because of the dramatic trauma Horton endures getting tied up and the Who's endure getting almost dropped into...oh wait - maybe some of you haven't seen it. I won't give it away). KJ left the theater in absolute tears - screaming really. Enough to where those around us outside the theater were looking at each other wondering if they should go in. We got her calmed down, but she still is saying she didn't like the movie.

The second time I saw the movie was sitting in the front row with a group from church. (See the post below - the part that says A Day trip to Bridgeport...). It was an absolute blast! I was able to re-hear and remember a couple of favorite key lines, like "a.s.a.p. - act swiftly awesome pachyderm!" or Katie's line saying that everyone in her world would be ponies, and that they would eat rainbows and poop butterflies (ok that one I remembered from the 1st time)... (P.S. You can check Josh's blog for pics and another point of view...GO GIRLS!!!

Bottom line - I love this movie! I love this story! I love the animation! I love the creativity! I love the messages - and there were lots! I love that there was a movie released that was clean, fun, without all the innuendo, well made, made me laugh out loud for real several times...good flick! Go see it! It's so worth it...

(P.S. Check out Josh's blog for pics of the Bridgeport trip...

0 comments:

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB