4.29.2008

A few "little" questions from middle schoolers


Last week at Crash (yeah, the one I didn't go to) we asked the students to write down the questions they have for God or about God. These questions will be the basis for our topics over the last 4 weeks of Crash this year. We always refer to Crash as the front door - the lobby. A place where we hope students will be willing to step out of their comfort zone - and visitors will be willing to step out of their comfort zone - into a place where we have a blast learning about who Jesus is and just how madly in love with you He is... So...will you pray for and with us as we hope to finish this part of the race strong --- here are the questions the students submitted. They are real. They are honest. They are searching. They are wanting to understand the God who created them and loves them like no other...even if they don't know it yet...


  • What does it mean to be born again?
  • Why did God create humans?
  • If you don’t want to be “born again” like reincarnated…will we be anyways?
  • What the heck is “born again”?
  • How was God made?Why did He flood the Earth?How can I work through with my mom and me fighting?
  • What can I do to get to know the Lord more?
  • How did people go to heaven before Jesus died on the cross?
  • Why was I made?
  • What is my purpose?
  • Why didn’t you help my sister when she needed it most?
  • Why are some parents so protective and some aren’t?
  • How long has god been there?
  • Will there be another world after we die? And if there is will it only be for Christians?
  • How are God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit the same and different?
  • Why is most of my family straight up, but like my cousin and his dad are choosing to do the wrong things?
  • Every once in a while I wil start to think about why I am here and what’s it like when we go away from this life. After this I feel like I forget who I am and my heart begins to race then it turns into a panic attack. I think of this feeling as a wave – it comes and goes. Why does this happen?
  • If God created everything then why did He have us name them?
  • If we are exactly like a mammal, which we are, are we animals?
  • Why did God make me?
  • If God already knew the world would be messed up and people would go to hell, why did He make Earth?Why does God allow pain?Why does God love me?
  • Can God prevent people from going to hell?
  • What does God look like?
  • I wonder why there are signs in the world.
  • Why is there sin in the world?
  • Why does God let sad things happen? Why can’t He just stop and help them?
  • If God made everything why would He ever make sin?Why aren’t there miracles done today?
  • Do you really forgive people for lying and doing the wrong thing, or just make life worse for them?
  • Who is God?
  • Is my mom gonna get better?Am I gonna be a good leader when I’m older?
  • If God loves us so much, why does He allow us to get hurt?
  • Why is it when my mom is angry she takes it out on me and my brother?
  • Why is it when somebody is alone they are prone to suicide?
  • Why is it when people are insecure they take it out on other people for their faults?
  • Why do people shout when they get angry?
  • If God is so powerful, then why did He let me be so hurt all my life?
  • When satan was first an angel, where did he get his evilness from?
  • Relationships with friends, God and guys. Like what does God want us to do? How do we stay pure?
  • Why do people put Christians down?
  • Why are there so many different versions of the Bible?
  • Hell/Heaven??
  • Unchristian friends – I wonder what happens when they die.
  • Why do Christians judge people so much more than non-Christians?
  • Why is saying I love you so much more hard than it sounds?
  • How can we tell things that are on my heart instead of keeping it in? How can we tell God these things cause He already knows?
  • How do you help someone if they want to kill themselves? How do I tell them that just because bad stuff has happened that god is real and He loves them?
  • How do you tell someone about God without preaching to them?
  • Does God have loyalty for everyone?
  • How can You prove You are real?
  • What’s hell like?
  • Am I choosing the right friends?
  • Why did you make us?
  • If we were perfect, then why did Adam make that mistake?
  • If you don’t know God how do you trust Him?
  • How do we know that God is what we should believe in?
  • If we haven’t seen God how can we trust Him?
  • Why isn’t life perfect?
  • Why didn’t God make things easier?
  • Did Adam and Eve have belly-buttons?
  • Why did David not take vengeance in others like Saul and Ish-Bosheth, but then killed those who took vengeance for him?
  • Why does God let us make huge mistakes?Why is it so hard to forgive and forget?
  • Why do people hate other people for no reason?
  • Why is it “not okay” for young people to say ‘I love you’ to their significant other if they mean it?
  • Will you help me and my family with our problems?
Wow...they are amazing. They are honest...may we be worthy of their trust and glorify Him as we serve them & Him.

0 comments:

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB