4.19.2008

Bah Humbug!

So...7:12 am - I hear Noah and Kaylee tromping through the house - well, running through the house. They come flying into our room (where I am asleep). "Mom - it's snowing, it's snowing, it's snowing!" The exhuberant cries of a 5 & 7 year old - sheer joy in their voices. Me...a moan. I tell them to open the blinds to I can see. I admit - it was beautiful - cottonball like snowflakes. Then - I moan again. 1) It's Saturday morning. My one morning to "sleep in". Now, Steve told me to just remember the blessing of having kids who just want to be with me. OK...I'll remember. 2) It's April - APRIL! A.P.R.I.L.!! Not December, or November, or January or February! It's April! That's spring folks. That's flowers - that's sunshine - that's not snow! Period. It's just not. 3) It's morning - in general, not my best part of the day. Now...add all those components together --- and you already have a picture in your mind of what I did. I moaned again and covered my head with my covers to try to go back to sleep. No such luck. But it was nice to try to hide for a few more minutes... But...a few snuggles from my kids (along with really cold feet), a few kisses, and a few get up lazy bones...and I was awake.

Fast forward almost 12 hours. I'm at church hearing something hitting the windows or cars or something. It's a hail/slush/sleet combination. A few moments later, Brian tells us it's definitely sleet. My windshield is covered with this frozen precipitation. It's thunderstorm dark outside and just plain ol' gross. As I head to the "Kiz"...the sun breaks through. The sky is blue. In my rear view mirror I see the muck and yuck and ick of this bizarre storm...in front of me...blue sky and sunshine.

Now...that's the picture I hope I have for the months to come. The ick is behind, and the beauty of what I've heard I can experience in an Oregon spring and summer is just ahead!! Hold your breath...ok, maybe not. But I'll wait...and believe me...I'll tell you when it's amazing!

For a different perspective on the snowy morning, check out Erik's blog.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen to the "it's APRIL, A.P.R.I.L."!

snow in april? where do we live again??

this summer has got to be good and have got to enjoy it together!!

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB