1.04.2011

Thanks Hollywood...

I've been thinking about this quite a bit over the last couple of weeks, and then Erik's blog pushed me over the edge to do the same thing. (Thanks Erik for letting me copycat...in many ways.)

I saw a bunch of movies last year. It's been a while since I've seen that many in a year. I remember the days when it seemed like Steve & I were seeing a movie once a week, or at least 2-3 times per month. Those were the days. We saw sooooo many. And I remember reactions to bunches of them. But in reviewing 2010, I couldn't help but come back to one thought - thanks Hollywood for the great family movies of 2010. Honestly. We saw a bunch of really great and really good movies last year that were appropriate and amazing for our family... Let's be honest - when you walk into the theater to see a kids movie you have this presumption that it's for the kids and you hope you make it through, right? These I totally would see again and again...and will...gladly!!! Did you see any of these??? Here they are in no particular order...

Tangled




















I absolutely loved this one! Loved the music - the story - the animation - the characters --- loved it loved it loved it! An instant classic for sure! Can't wait for the DVD!

Ramona and Beezus



















This one really caught me by surprise to be so good. I mean really good. AND... it's set in Oregon - how cool is that! Sweet story - touching. Love it! (Already have the DVD - thanks Mom!)

Toy Story 3
















Sooooooooooooo worth the wait. Amazing!!! Boo-hoo-ed!! Soooooo wonderful!

Despicable Me













When I saw the commercials I was NOT looking forward to it. Then my fam saw it and loved it! Just saw it after Christmas (another Christmas DVD - thanks MOM!)... wonderful wonderful story. And with many friends adopting and bringing home babies this year... WOW! That much better!

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

















The books are amazing, and they're doing a pretty good job with the movies to go with them... Dawn Treader is Steve's favorite of the three...and definitely a great one to see!

Other good ones: Megamind (another sleeper surprise) and How to Train Your Dragon (Noah and I are reading this series right now and loving every minute of it...) and The Karate Kid (ok, I confess I didn't see all of it --- I was on a plane when I saw it, but I did like it...)

Then there is the non-kid movie that I saw and loved... Inception. Whoa - amazing.

And then...there is the one I really wanted to see, but didn't... Secretariat.

So, Hollywood...thanks for giving us lots of options of family friendly films to enjoy this past year. Good stories, great animation or cinematography, without those "need to filter" inappropriate moments. I am truly and honestly grateful. Hopeful for what 2011 is expected to bring our way...

Cars 2 - man, I can't wait!





















Hoodwinked Too! - this was supposed to be released in 2010, but wasn't. The original was an instant classic. Can't wait.












So, what was at the top of your list of great movies for 2010? What did I miss? What are you looking forward to (movie-wise) for 2011??

0 comments:

 

©2009 Until... | by TNB